Wednesday, January 9, 2013

3 Girl JAM Guest Designer Post

Good Morning! I hope you all had a safe and fun New Year's Eve. I managed to stay up until 11:30p.m and then I crashed! We played Wii bowling, had some salsa dip and a mocha cheese ball and my daughter popped poppers. So far this year has been good, I only worked 2 days this week and it was looking after 1 kid, next week we are back to the norm. Well for my project today I thought I would make something other then a card for the Guest Designer Spot over at 3 Girl JAM. it was so sweet of Cheri from DJ's Sundries to ask me to be a Guest Designer and I jumped at the chance as I love the crinkle ribbon. For my project I made a hair clip. Below is a picture of the first one I made and then I realized I wanted to show you a step by step of how I made it so I decided to take pictures of how I made one using 2 other colours.

My Beautiful daughter modeling the clip


What I used in the above hair clip


cutting felt with spellbinders


gluing ribbon onto 1" circle punch


looping to create bottom flower


bottom flower done




added the felt flower to the bottom
 
 
added the smaller flower and button


hot glued to the hair clip


finished second clip
What I Used:

3 Girl JAM : Merlot & London Blue (first picture)
                     Cherry Lipstick &  Baby Girl (step by step)
Spellbinders Nestabilities Die: Scalloped Circle LG
Hair Clip
Felt
1" Circle Punch
Needle Thread
Hot Glue Gun
Button

In my last post I told you how to make the little flower using a needle and thread HERE. It was alittle hard to get a picture of it because I didn't want to poke my finger! I hope the pictures help you in figuring out how to make this. It was very easy and they look really cute in a little girl's hair!

Well that is it for me, I may be back in the distant future.

God Bless!

Kristan

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this great post. You have been such a blessing to me friend.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic Kristan! Glad to hear you're doing well. Thanks for being a fabulous Guest Designer today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great hair accessory!! The model is beautiful too! :)

    I'm so glad that all is well with you. Treasure your time!

    ReplyDelete