Monday, April 16, 2012

Another Day, Another Card, A Few More Challenges

Good Morning!! Well it's another early morning for me as it was my morning to get up early for the one little girl that gets dropped off at 6:30a.m so it makes for a long day!! Thank goodness this is the last week of that shift, her mom started a new job within the hospital so her shifts start later!!
Ok so here is my card for today. I followed a sketch from Sassy Studio Designs





 What I Used:

Hampton Art Stamps (they are foot long no names on the sets)
Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black
Martha Stewart Border Punch: Doily Lace
EK Success Corner Rounder
Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils

Ok I am not too sure if I have mentioned this or not but my blog name is named after my daughters nickname "BabyCakes". To me babycakes is another word for Cupcakes ( a smaller version of a cake). When I found these two stamp sets at Michaels I knew I had to have them (one was all about baby's "BabyCakes" is on that set. The other is everything cupcakes, the cupcakes came from that one). Just a little background info on my blog title and the meaning behind this card.


I am entering this into the following challenges:

Sassy Studio Designs: Challenge #120 Sketch

Crafting When We Can: Just the Two Of Us (use two images on your card)

Card Makin Mamas: Getting Girlie

Go Fish Challenge Blog: Challenge # 15 anything Goes

Pile it On: Pop it Up!! (my BabyCakes is popped up)

Have A Great Day!!

God Bless!

Kristan

13 comments:

  1. Very cute! Great colors and great take on the sketch!!

    Thanks for playing along with us on Dare to be Sassy Thursday for Sassy Studio Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card- great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing at Go Fish Challenges!! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so adorable. Thanks for playing at Sassy Studio Designs and Go Fish! Challenges with us.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so absolutely adorable, Kristan!! How awesome that you found a Baby Cakes stamp!! The design is fabulous...I love your take on the sketch!!

    I hope things settle down there soon and you are able to rest and take time for yourself my sweet friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE card!!!
    Thank you for joining us at PIO this week!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waaaa!! How perfect is that stamp?!! I'm so glad you found it, Kristan! What a super card too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. Love the colors and great take on the sketch. Thank you so much for playing with us over at Sassy Studio Designs Dare to Be Sassy Thursday.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Kristan. I really like the little cupcakes. Super job with this sketch.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristan, your card is wonderful and you did perfect on the sketch! I have the same cupcake stamp set and I love it! Your sentiment is just PERFECT!! My hubby calls me cupcake and he is who bought me the stamp set because of the sentiments on it, LOL. Glad that you found the Baby Cakes sentiment for your daughter!
    Thank you so much for playing with us over at Sassy Studio Designs, Dare to Be Sassy Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so super cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Go Fish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so super cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Go Fish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy card!
    Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling! Thanks for playing along with CMM!

    ReplyDelete