Tuesday, June 21, 2011

K Andrews -Simply Sunday Challenge-Shine On/Face it

After reading the post that Krystal over at Getting Cricky had written and seeing what the challenge was for this Sunday I decided to make a project not only with a face on it but a layout with a candle on it. If you go ovet to Krystals blog you will understand why!! Here is my project




Here is what I used:
Christmas Cartridge : Candle 6"
Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge: " This Little Of Mine" cut at .8", "Light" cut at 1", Circle cut at 4"
Storybook Cartridge: background for the word light width 4.44" and height 2.1"
Peachy Keen Stamps: PK-490 Everyday Character Face Assortment
Pink By Design stamps: Take the Cake ( I masked out all the words except "sunshine")
Hot Glue Gun to add the dripping wax to the candle
black ink from dollar store to ink the candle base (you can't really see it in the picture)
Orange ink from the dollar store to ink the circle behind the candle and the candle's flame
Background paper is from Costcos
The words aound the circle is a scripture that I hand wrote: " Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105"


This is the first layout were I have used just one picture as well as were I hand wrote something. My daughter is a huge light in my life and others around her. She loves to sing church songs when out in public not even aware of the impact she has on strangers who hear this little girl singing about God. I want her to grow up to be in love with God. I will put this layout in her scrapbook and when she is older I hope she will understand the meaning.  Thanks for reading and looking.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome project I love how you showcase your daughter with the light coming out from behind her-beautiful!
    Great job and thanks for playing with us.
    Becka
    Getting Cricky DTM
    www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW, this is awesome. I love that you added a face to the flame and the candle is very cool too. Very creative idea with the picture of your daughter
    Thanks for joining us on Simply Sunday at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs
    Brenda DTM-Coordinator
    http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice is this. I love it! Such a cute layout. Great Job! Good Luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs :),
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristan, I love this LO! How awesome is it that you got your inspiration from Krystal's post the other day :) Fabulous take on it! TFS and joining us at Getting Cricky again this week!
    ~Hugs~
    Becky- Getting Cricky DTM
    www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative way to use the face! I love it :)

    Thanks for sharing at Getting Cricky
    Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
    craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh- how cute! Such a sweet LO. Your daughter will appreciate it so much when she's older.

    Thanks for linking up with Getting Cricky!

    JulieK- Getting Cricky DTM
    http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristan, I really think this will be one of your daughter's most treasured pages!! I love the meaning behind the layout -- And I love the wonderful things you've shared about your daughter!! I'm a strong believer that we should all 'hand-write' in our children's albums... Seeing my mom's familiar scrawl is something I love most about her albums!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge this week!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete