Thursday, August 18, 2011

"New" Card #4

Goodmorning!! This is my fourth "New" card for the week. All week I have made cards using new cartridges, new techniques, things that I have never done before. This card is very different for me. I saw on YouTube someone (Sry can't remember who) use distress ink to water paint. Here is the card:

What I Used:
Stamp is from Stampede: Big Beary (Very old stamp it is my mom's from years ago)
Tim Holtz Distress ink: Frayed Burlap,Milled Lavender, Faded Jeans (I took a paint brush and wet the tip and just dapped it onto the ink pad. For the edge of the card I used the Frayed Burlap using the distressed ink tool.
My Pink Stamper:Punny-lious (Friends Furever)
1" circle punch (Fiskars) I attached three of them and then stamped the sentiment on them.
Fiskars corner punch (three in one): Flowers
Crochet Floss: from Michaels (not sure of the name as I threw out the wrapper)

I have never coloured in a stamp let alone painted a stamp so this was very interesting but I saw it and wanted to try it and the bear stamp was fairly easy to colour in. For tomorrow's "New" card it isn't a card but it is something that I have never done before.

have A Great Day
God Bless
Kristan

5 comments:

  1. OMgsh.. this is ADORABLE!!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! love how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how sweet! Your coloring looks fabulous and I love how you used the crochet floss.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. such cuteness, kristan! and i love your cute treat box below:)

    ReplyDelete