Sunday, November 6, 2011

This Little Light of Mine!!

Good Afternoon!! I have decided that every Sunday I am going to post a scripture on my blog. The scripture will come from Crystal Cathedral Ministries. I read the devotional every morning when I first wake up. It's a great way to start my morning, hearing a word from the Lord. The reason I have decided to do this is because in church today the pastor was talking about being  "A Living Stone" shining our light for people to see. He gave us 4 places where God could be calling us to be "A Living Stone"
1. Workplace Communities
2. Hobby Communities
3. Educational Communities
4. Neighborhood Communities

I believe that we are called to be a light in all 4 of these areas.
I do a home daycare and none of the parents that we babysit for are Christians. We have had many opportunities to pray with one little girl and her mom and we tell them that we are continually praying for them.
Well you all know what my hobby is "crafting" that is why I am sharing my faith with you all as a way to shine my light. I also want to use my crafting locally to help spread the word of God, but have yet to figure out how God wants to use me in this area.
Education, although I am out of school,  one of the men in church said how parents are part of education, teaching our children. I have a 3 year old little girl who I pray will be a woman of God when she grows up, but in order for her to do that I must teach her from an early age about God. She loves Sunday School and sings all the worship songs, she asks me to pray with her before she goes to see her Father (we are separated), she won't go to sleep without me praying and we are working on praying before we eat (she thinks we pray because the food is too hot lol). God has in trusted me with this precious little girl and even though she doesn't have a earthly father who is always present I want her to know she has a Heavenly Father who is always with her.
Neighborhood, we moved 2 years ago out of our neighborhood for safety reasons concerning my daughters father. We have gotten to know the people next door. But when I think of Neighborhood I don't just think of people who live next door or down the street. I believe that neighborhood is the community you live in. We have many outreaches at our church, some of which include pregnancy crisis centre, woman's shelter as well as we have different events that are free to bring the people who live near the church in.

I really felt that I needed to share this today. Maybe you are like me and have been search to see where God wants you to be and what your ministry is. Maybe you don't even know God. I invite you today to feel free to email me if you have any questions about my faith. I would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Here is the scripture for today!!

I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Therefore, I will call upon Him as long as I live. The pains of death surrounded me, and the pangs of Sheol laid hold of me; I found trouble and sorrow. Then I called upon the name of the Lord; ‘O Lord, I implore You, deliver my soul!’” -Psalm 116:1,2b-4

God Bless

Kristan

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! How interesting that the pastor discussed hobbies too! How perfect!

    ReplyDelete